Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sinking

I feel like I am sinking this week. Everywhere I look there is something calling, no shouting, to be taken care of.
I started babysitting again, after a few glorious months off, and I am finding it hard to get back in the groove of having a 2.5yr old around the house. He got the boot from his last sitter for being too 'active'. I am starting to feel her pain. He has some things going on that are all too familiar, speech delays, sensory processing disorders, so I know I will stick it out with him. The underdogs need love too.
My freakin' mop, even once forcefully assembled by the hubby, is still not working.
I dread the phone call to the company. I am going to try the super-nice approach first. We will see how far that gets me.
Miles is still not wanting to go to school. I don't know what is going on with him. What I wouldn't give for a peek into his mind. Today it doesn't feel fair. Today, no fooling around. I need to be able to talk with my son. Today, I am struggling.
Miles just qualified for a level 1 medicaid waiver. It is supposed to be better than the family directed resources we were receiving, but so far it has been a lot of dead ends. None of our current therapists or doctors accept medicaid.
We do have a wonderful team of teachers who are becoming certified medicaid providers so that they can start tutoring Miles at home. I am hoping to keep him nearly full-time this summer, or at least a few days a week. I think it will be so important that he not loose any of the skills he learned this year if he is to be successful next year.
I am going to take today, one thing at a time. I need to accomplish something, or seriously, I might sink.
I read about Olivia today in Jodie's blog. She touched my heart. How could she not. See for yourself, and say a prayer.

5 comments:

  1. Some of the comments you have made on my blog are what have sometimes helped get me through the day so I wanted to say "thank you" and also let you know that I will be thinking of you today. The little guy you are babysitting sounds so much like Reiss. Kudos to you for having the needed patience to take care of him. Some days are so rough that it makes me want to kick myself for not having someone I can just call and say, "hey, can you take this little guy for just a half-hour or an hour or whatever..." Which reminds me, I need to call my friend, Christy, because she volunteered to watch Reiss one morning back in January and we never hooked up with a concrete date.

    Just try to remember the words that you have written to me and hang in there. We gotta be "Warrior Moms." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one amazing Mommy. I don't think you're sinking, maybe just floating until you get your energy back;) I am hoping that tomorrow will be a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I'm sinking too. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you, honey. (hope you don't mind the honey, its what I say when I don't know what else to say but am sending empathy.)

    ReplyDelete