Friday, February 27, 2009

More Thoughts From The Beast

Caleb received an unsolicited 'pep-talk' from The Beast. It went something like this.

Caleb: "Mom. I am hideous. Why did you make me brush my hair? It's hideous now. (hideous, is Caleb's new favorite word to use when describing his dreaded hair)
Me: "Caleb, your hair is fine. I know you don't believe me, but someday you will like your hair. I love your hair." (Caleb's hair is the best shade of red and curly. Someday. Chicks will dig-it.)
Enter The Beast.
She sizes Caleb up from head-to-toe. I am waiting for some nice words, because as much as she is a stinker, she loves to dole out compliments.
Beast: "Caleb, we think you are handsome on the inside and that's what really counts."
Me: Suppressing laughter at the look on Caleb's face as a result of his sister's 'pep-talk'



This is Caleb and Stella during a moment when they were getting along. I never imagined that two kids could butt-heads as hard as these two often do. I love that she is wearing her pink tutu and he is wearing his baseball shirt in this picture. They are so different and yet so much alike.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing picture. I love it. And what beautiful curly hair your kids have. Is it from you or their dad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I hate that he says he is "hideous" although I can't help laughing at it too. Definitely, his hair will be a hit with the ladies.

    BUT! I remember many pre-church fights with my mom where she would insist I brush my hair, and I would insist that brushing made it even worse. And my hair was awful... but I was RIGHT. Brushing my hair into a giant mane of frizz was not the right choice. So I am lovingly admonishing you as a sister in Christ, to carefully analyze Caleb's hair and whether forcing him to brush it will result in him blogging about you in 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    While I have never been a style guru, I am not so bad as to suggest brushing through DRY curly hair. I only request that he occassionaly comb it after shower. I can make this request on a Tuesday and he will come at me with the my hair is hideous on Saturday. ;)
    I got a phone call last summer from our good friend and neighbor, who happens to be African-American. She said Caleb had asked her daughter to have her call me to find out how she had straightend her daughters hair. We had a good laugh about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always want what we don't have...I HATE my curly hair and go to great pains daily to straighten it out. Cute story. :)

    ReplyDelete