Monday, March 2, 2009

Don't Make Me do Something I Might Regret!

I have a high tolerance for lots of things. I have my own kids to thank for that. One thing that I can't and won't tolerate, from my kids or anyone else is bullying.
Miles has been acting strangely during drop-off at school. I walk in the building with him, as I am taking Stella to Pre-k, but he goes one direction and we go the other.
This had always been fine. He was happy to go and even seemed embarrassed if I did happen to walk him to class so I could talk to his teacher.
Then a few weeks ago he started covering his eyes as soon as we were in the building and saying that he was scared.
I would reassure him and send him on his way. I checked with the teachers and they agreed that Miles was occasionally saying he was scared to them as well.
Today, I sent him down his hall, but made sure I watched him all the way. He has been sick and didn't really want to be at school today.
I could not believe it when some little girl and her gang of misfits, stepped out in front of Miles and intentionally blocked his way.
He keep his head down and his eyes covered, and when he would try to go left so would they. He tried around the other side and they blocked that path too.
You have got to be shitting me! The obvious leader (little Bitch) was clearly proud of herself and continued to step closer and closer until she was almost chest to chest with Miles.
Every ounce of me wanted to go down the hall and thump her ass.
Instead I said "Miles, say get the fuck outta my way before my Mom comes down here and opens a can of whup-ass all over you Excuse me please."
The bully looked up at me when she realized I was standing just down the hall and moved her sorry ass out of Miles' way. I gave her the stink eye like only a Mother can and hopefully let her know that I will be watching her from now on.
Why are kids like that? How do they know which kids to pick on? Miles had a good 6 inches on her and yet he was clearly scared. I wish he would have looked her in the eyes and said, "move your punk ass out of my way you bully."
Next time, I might not be so nice. I might just open that can of whup-ass.

5 comments:

  1. Hard situation. I would have insisted she follow me to the office. The more attention we attracted along the way, the better. I would suggest that you talk to the administration about it, it will make sure that the teachers are also giving the little bitch the stink eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, what a nightmare. This just makes me incredibly mad as well as baffled. I think kids learn this behavior from adults who behave badly. Maybe that's why, but I don't know. Thinking of you and I'll pray for Miles especially in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I hate that too. I had an issue with my oldest being bullied on the school bus. It's excruciating to know that they are having to deal with this at such an early age. Kids really can be so nasty to each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful!!!! I wouldn't have known what to do. Viv had a good idea about walking the girl to the office.

    I remember being bullied some in elementary school and now I'm dumbfounded that it went on. At one point a girl held my hand over a teapot where the steam was streaming out, and wouldn't let go, and I got a serious burn on my hand. They had to send me home because I was in too much pain to function -- and I hadn't even told on her! Yet, at the same time, I know I said lots of snotty things to my "friends" that I would classify as bullying as well.

    I hope you and Miles have a nice cozy day at home, and that the girl thinks twice before she bothers him again. Unfortunately she's going to hate herself for this kind of thing when she looks back on it as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gasp!!!! I wish Miles went to my school. I'd have his back all day long. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your blog is adorable and so are your kids.

    ReplyDelete