Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Home Today

I kept Miles home from school today. It wasn't because of the bully. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Maybe it has a little to do with the bully. I just wanted to keep him home today and give him lots of hugs.
He also still has a bad case of the crap. Crappy cough, green crap coming out of his nose, crap stuck in his eyes. You get the idea.
I am sure he could have gone to school today. But, I am his Mom and so I get to decide that he just needs to be home with me today. Maybe I needed to be with him some too.
I am 'that mom'. The mom that has trouble some mornings waking up the kids, who are sleeping so warm and snug in their beds. Sometimes the thought of waking them and sending them out in the cold gets the better of me and I just let them sleep.
Then they wake up and I say, "Oh shit, what have I done!"
I rush to get them ready for school. Stuffing them into their coats and mittens, all of the 'warm and snug' thoughts gone, so I can have my few wonderful hours of peace and quiet.




Stella looking warm and snug. In this state, I am convinced that my children are lovely and quiet and listen to all of my Motherly suggestions. Then they wake-up.

1 comment:

  1. I've kept Clay home just because I thought he needed the comfort, and I needed the comfort. I think we have instincts for when we need to do that kind of thing. I think school should start later in the morning. It does in much of Europe.

    ReplyDelete