Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Day.

Today was a good day. The only thing that would have made it better is if my hubby did not have to work all day.
He drove the limo ALL day for one wedding party, popping in on us periodically between drop-offs and pick-ups.
The kids and I decided on an outing to Toys 'R' Us and Walmart. They received Valentines Day moola from the Grandparents and needed to spend it NOW!
This suited me fine, as the cabin fever was setting in and I needed to get out.
Stella and Miles found what they wanted at Toys 'R' Us. Miles chose a new Thomas. Of course. Stella got a polly pocketish deal, but it was Cinderella. Those shoes are just soooo small.
The people in line behind me were giving me the 'sigh', because I asked the cashier to do two transactions so each kid could pay with their own money.
Oh, how I wish my parents would have taught me more about money while I was young. Saving it. Spending wisely. Credit cards are Evil.
I just got the old "my money doesn't grow on trees, ask your Dad when you are at his house this weekend," speech.
Caleb, being older and wiser, held out over the shiny temptations at the first store and spent his cash at Walmart. He got his gun, some caps for said gun and two small lego sets. He is still in the market for a scope and helmet. Super.
I decided to run for Mom of the year, or at least the day, and went through Mc Donalds on the way home. It totally worked. Everyone told me this was like "the best day ever!"
It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. You have my vote! Glad the day was a good one for you guys!

    ReplyDelete