Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Beast


A conversation between myself and The Beast (Stella)
Me: "Beast, this basement is a mess. I think I'll clean it up."
Beast: "Okay Mom. I will help you. I am your super helper. Maybe I will get a star. I won't ask though, because I am not supposed to ask. Right? Will I get one?"
M: "Well, you can help. I can't guarantee a star. You're right about not asking. Sometimes we help each other just to be nice. This isn't really my mess, but I'll clean it because I want to be nice." (also, I might shit an egg-roll if I step on one more freakin lego)
B: "I'll help. I can't carry blankets though, or fold blankets. (from the fort making) I also really can't pick up anything right now. My arms are tired. Really tired. Feel them."
M: "Uh-huh.It's up to you."
B: "I will talk-it to you while you clean. I talk-it good. (oh, no shit. It's getting you to shut-it that's the problem) I will talk-it to you, so you are not sad."
M:"I'm not sad. Thanks though."
B:"Actually, I really can't even talk-it to you right now." (Yay!) I think I will just play Polly Pockets."
M:"Cool. Make sure you pick-up when you're done. Since I just cleaned up."
B:"I was hoping you would still be nice, and just do it for me."

Good help is hard to find these days.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha!

    if you're still being nice, my house has a couple of rooms that need to be picked up. i promise that i won't talk-it to you. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! Your blog is looking very cute today too.

    ReplyDelete