Monday, February 23, 2009

I know I am the Mother of Boys Because..


*The smell of public restrooms makes me feel right at home.
*I find myself allowing a bearded dragon to take a nice warm shower several days a week.
*Food that once fed five now barely feeds two.
*I have learned the hard way to ALWAYS check pants pockets before washing. (oh how I loathe cargo pants)
*The sight of dried blood found randomly around the house no longer shocks me.
*Barbie would never willingly hang-out with a bunch of Ninja Turtles and army men. Clearly she is being held against her will.
*Underwear, in a pinch, can and will double as toilet paper.
*I am no longer shocked that people enjoying wrestling one another 24/7.
*I am fairly sure I now hold a degree in Structural Engineering, based on how many lego cities and Bionicles I have built.
*I now know that anything can be made into a weapon.
*I am used to hearing sentences that begin with "Does this hurt?" and "What does this smell like?"
*I know the Cub Scout promise.
*Around here, even hop-scotch is a contact sport.




This is Tonks. He likes his showers very warm and steamy. For all the other 'Potter' fans out there, Tonks was originally thought to be a girl. Hence the name.

3 comments:

  1. love it! live it! and think that boys are so much more fun than girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making me laugh! Could not have come at a better time. I don't envy you Tonks though, where I grew up we don't have lizards, imagine my shock when we got to Florida and I saw one in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh, oh!!!! Not only relating to the boy stuff but also Glen wants a lizard so any lizard advice I would love. I've been nervous to take the step of getting one. Nervous about expense, handling, cleaning, extra work, ect... Tonks is a great name, even for a boy, and it makes sense with the spiky-ness! Its really pretty too. I love his white lizard skin.

    ReplyDelete