Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bad dog

I was gone for approximately 25 minutes yesterday morning. During that time the dog ate 5 large granny smith apples. Really? Who eats that many apples in one sitting? He is a glutenous beast.
I called my sister who happens to be my 'go-to girl' for all things animal related. She told me that apple seeds are toxic to dogs. Super. She said he wouldn't die, but would probably throw up. Again. Super.
I spent the better part of the day following him through the house. He never did throw up, but he did crap applesauce. Outside. Thank you, Lord for that one.
I consulted my handy-dandy dog training manual. The book informed me that my dog was not a bad dog. I am a bad dog owner. I should offer him a safe place to be when I am gone. What do they know?
We used to keep him safe behind baby gates. He got too big and just jumped over them. We are going to have to break down and buy a kennel. Can I hear a cha-ching. Kennels are not cheap. I know, I know, we bought the dog and all the responsiblity that goes with it.
On the bright side, I can always double it's use by putting the kids in the kennel when the dog is not using it. They deserve a safe place too.

3 comments:

  1. ROTFLMAO! You know how chocolate can be lethal to dogs? In the time it took me to carry in my grocery bags and my sleeping babies, my girls stole a grocery bag without me knowing...and ate an entire chocolate cake. They are both fine...and they still steal food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, a dog named Atticus should be able to do anything he wants. Seriously, what a great name for a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there's an easy way to make applesauce. Ewe!

    ReplyDelete