Saturday, April 11, 2009

Shake it off

I am not going to say that I hit rock bottom on Thursday. That would be overly dramatic.
I maybe just skimmed the bottom. Scrapped my knees.
I had the adult version of a meltdown. There were some tears and wallowing and a great big pity party thrown by me in my honor.
I am hoping it cleared my system. I am regrouping. Shaking it off.
I am not sure what brought it on, but I do know my hubby was on the receiving end of some of it and I informed him that lately it feels more like I have a roommate than a husband. Sometimes this is true. It is not his fault, but that doesn't make it fun.
Every now and then I get swallowed up by the whole 'stay-at-home-mom' thing. I love being here. I think it is where I am supposed to be.
I still miss leaving the house on occasion though. Without kids. Heading to functions that do not involve kids.
Yes, I am grateful that I get to stay home. Yes, I love my kids. Yes, I appreciate all that my husband does. But, oh my sweet Lord I swear my brain is melting into mush on some days.
I have resurfaced. Back from my scrap with the bottom.
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I wonder if our chronic money shortage has something to do with it. But yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and you're certainly not alone in feeling like this sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like that from time to time too. One of a Mommy's greatest gifts is resiliency (I'm pretty sure I learned it from my kids) and we mommies bounce back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. It is a tough, tough job. We all melt down or scrape knees or something such now and then. I know I do. Thinking of you today and hope you had a happy holiday this weekend.

    ReplyDelete