Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tough choices

Thanks to all for the support offered up following my last post.
The boy that I watch lost his cool again and I made the call to his Mom to let her know I was officially done at this point.
If it was just me, I would have stuck it out with him, but I have to put the safety of my kids and the smaller kids that I watch as my first priority.
Also, his Mom somewhat refuses to address his new behavior that was throwing me for a loop. She insists that it is a natural thing to want to do.
Fine. Agreed. But, as for all things, there is an appropriate time and place.
My home is not the place.
Anyway, he made it a tiny bit easier on me when he completely lost his cool. He kicked and punched the walls and stuck his finger in my face. I could have handled all of that, but then he turned his anger toward Miles.
Sorry. Done.
I wish the best for him. I just know that I have come to the point where I can no longer be of any help.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you had to deal with it, but, there are such things as blessings in disguise, maybe this episode bringing a definitive end, was one of those kinds of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I'm sorry you had to deal with all that. However, it sounds like the best outcome for right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you that you feel good about handling the situation. No pun intended.

    ReplyDelete