Monday, October 26, 2009

Just holding onto a moment

This morning I had one of those moments that was just right.
I stood alone in my cleanish kitchen. Clean, if you avoid looking down.
The boys are well and back in school.
Laundry is nearly done.
Dustin stayed home and took Stella to the doctor as she seemed not quite back on track.
I made a cup of tea. It was hot and really good.
The sun is shining really bright in through the windows.
For just a moment everything and everyone was mostly taken care of.
It is moments like this that allow me to keep going.
They may be small and fleeting, but it is usually enough to keep me going.
This just in: Hubby called. Stella has a double ear infection. Yea, something treatable.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes life hands us moments that get us through the days. Congrats on your moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I said, "yay for ear infections," you would totally know what I meant, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! A clean kitchen and a cup of tea. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a really nice moment. I reread that part a couple times.

    Sorry about Stella's infection!! I hope she's on the mend in no time.

    ReplyDelete