Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Will work for floors

My husband has officially become a new floor ho. I will pimp him out to just about anybody willing to lay down the cash.
After an old dog, a new pup and three toddlers, our carpet has just had it.
On warm humid days there is a distinct urine smell that seeps from the padding below. I don't want my kids to go off to college only to be reminded of home every time they smell urine.
Okay, so I don't actually pimp him out, he just works a lot. He is a teacher by trade, which leaves his summers wide open for work.
He works for a friend of ours who owns several campus area rentals and he helps with maintenance and such. I use 'and such' loosely. Last week he packed up and discarded 54 trash bags of cockroach infested clothes and household items from an evicted property.
The same friend also has a contract with the Ohio State beauty schools so they maintain those buildings as well.
He also drives the limo, gives piano, violin, guitar and sax lessons, and just this week he started helping at one of the local high school's band camp.
The man is a work horse.
People often ask why he works so much in the summer. The truth of the matter is, we wouldn't make it through a summer with him home all day everyday. We love each other dearly, but who doesn't need a little space. He takes Friday morning and afternoon off, and that is just enough.
We usually have a project each summer that we work on. This year it is the floors.
We have been saving up to purchase the materials, because my Dad will be here in August and he has some serious skills.
I will keep you posted and hopefully have some pictures to show by the end of August.
In the meantime, I better get back to work myself....

5 comments:

  1. The carpet in my rental is original to the house...making it 32 years old. Try 32 years worth of toddlers, pets, and now a leaking roof...very yuck. The best part was when I pulled the carpet back to sprinkle some baking soda on the pad and found that there wasn't one. My children will equate the smell of urine (or maybe mold) to home if we don't move soon. I won't let my babies down on it. I would so pimp my hubby out for a new floor, however, he is the lazy type and I'd end up refunding money. Enjoy that new carpet when you get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pictures! Distance makes the heart grow fonder - what married couple wants to be around each other ALL the time?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got yourself a rennaisance man there! And good luck and congrats on the new floor. My kids go inside their closets to pee in the floor. We have no pets. The kids are already too much for our poor ragged (EGGSHELL colored) carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, where are you? Are you laying down some flooring? I want to see pictures. Also, has school started yet or are you in one of the districts that doesn't start til mid-Sept.? Talk to us.

    ReplyDelete