Friday, June 12, 2009

A letter to the Hubby. Here's hoping that getting this off my chest makes me feel less bitter and I can stop flippin' you the bird behind your back.

Dear Hubby,
Your vacation is just around the corner. I want you to go and enjoy your time off. You have earned it. Seriously. Go. The kids and I will be fine.
Don't worry about the fact that you are taking our car, putting a bajillion miles on it and leaving me stuck with the car where the kids all sit in one row and beat each other senseless before we even back out of the driveway. No Problem. We will figure it out.
I hope you fall in the freakin' ice cold Canadian lake have fun fishing with your family. After all, family vacations are important.
The fact that you are leaving on my birthday and not going to be here for Father's day, no big deal. There is always next year.
I am fully aware of the fact that the fishing trip was planned just before we got the dates for the beach trip. You could not control the fact that the dates over-lapped. That is why I am trying my hardest but failing miserably at not holding any of this against you. Even if one phone call to see if the dates would overlap could have prevented this predicament. No biggie.
I'm over it. I am about to get my 'staycation' on baby!
It is true that I get a little tiny bit teary eyed when I see some of these pictures from last year. It is hard to imagine a reason for which we would pass on a FREE stay in a million dollar house on the beach.
Of, course I hadn't considered fishing in cold, damp weather. Apparently, that is reason enough.
Go. Have fun. I really hope you catch the swine flu a whopper. Maybe next year we will make it back to the beach.

All My Love and a good bit of sarcasm,
Your Wife





After looking at these pictures again, I might just load the kids and go without the Hubby.

5 comments:

  1. Bitter, party of one, your table is now ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Load up the kids and go. Really.

    Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time when Marc goes on camping trips. Its extremely difficult to be alone w/ all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I can't be mad at him because of that whole red head thing but...

    I think you should TOTALLY go w/o him. Hey, maybe you could even find a stunt spouse.

    Well, maybe not...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, my hubby might give yours a run for his money. I mean, he only got off work at four, and decided to stay that night at his hotel instead of driving home to see his wife hovering somewhere between life and death in the ICU, because he knew he *would need his rest before having to watch his own children.* But, I'm not upset either...really. *snort*

    ReplyDelete