Thursday, June 4, 2009

A few reasons why I love my hubby

I love him because he is not too cool to play 'Pretty, Pretty Princess'. This game is actually fun and even the boys like to play. We are not supposed tell any of Caleb's friends that he plays the game.


As much as we love the princess game we try really hard not to put any emphasis on how we look on the outside. It's what you are like on the inside that counts. We were at a party last weekend for a First Communion and my Hubby was trying to get Stella in the house so we could go. She was tired and cranky and told him, "No."
A friend of the hostess was standing nearby and said, "Oh, Stella, what a pretty dress you have on. You are so, so pretty and pretty girls don't say 'No'."
Thank goodness it was the hubby standing there and not me. I would not have been able to refrain from some sort of smart-ass comment. 'Pretty girls don't say no'. That might be the worst piece of advice I have ever heard given to my children.
I love my hubby because he waited until we left the party to tell me this story.


The hubby won this round. He is indeed a pretty princess.

7 comments:

  1. Wait, wait, wait. "Pretty girls don't say no?" What kind of crock of shit are you trying to sell here? Oh, if only that were true, Kim, life would be so much sweeter.

    "Hi, Ms. Jolie, would you like to meet me at the MGM Grand room 1284 and cover yourself in whipped cream?"

    "Why, yes I would!"

    Pretty girls don't say no. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding. I am glad I am not the only one that saw the BS in that statement. As far as we are concerned our pretty better always say no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment. It helped me more than you'll know. And how cute is your husband in that crown?? ADORABLE.

    That game is fun, BTW. My friend and I used to babysit together and we always cracked it open after the kids went to sleep. Once, one of our crushes was spying on us through the window and we just about died. Probably like your husband would feel if he knew you posted those pics. :) Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Reminds me of a picture taken of me with my Uncle Jerry (he was all decked out in Mrs. Potato Head accessories) when I was about three. What a super Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So. Wow! Your hubby is a redhead. Huh! I really should've picked up on that from the kids' hair color, I guess.

    Well. I have a thing for redheads. But I can get past that. My dad's hair is, er, WAS red, way back when. And you know, he was my dad so that was totally platonic and stuff. No banjos here.

    Ugh. Your cute husband-princess has made me nervous and say weird, inappropriate things here in your comment box.

    ::Wanders off, blushing...::

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what's not to love?!?!? Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty girls don't say no? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm really mad someone said that. What were they thinking? That's the stupidist thing to say to a child ever.

    Very cute hubby and daughter pictures!

    ReplyDelete