Friday, May 15, 2009

So you say it's your Birthday....

These kiddos have Birthdays this week. Miles' is today. He is 7 years old. *big sigh* He has always worked a special kind of magic in my life. Could they be any cuter?


We thought Miles might never part with his pacifiers. He used to keep two in his mouth at once and one or two in his hand. He would rotate them in and out of his mouth. At night he would have at least two in his mouth and he would tuck the extras, oh yes. Between his toes. Yummy. Of course he did give them up. Now it makes me sad to think we were in a hurry for him to do so. *Another deep sigh*


Thomas. Our love/hate relationship continues to this day. I can't believe this kid is 7. I still have that shirt tucked away. It was one of his favorites.


It is hard to imagine the impact these little people will have on your life when they first get here. I know it is a cliche, but I love them more everyday. I wish I could go back and convince myself to slow down. Enjoy the little moments. I hope I can remember that tomorrow when I am not feeling all mushy inside because one of my babies just turned 7.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, my two are 17 and 14, and it never changes. The only thing I'm noticing is that in addition to being father-son/father-daughter, now we're even becoming friends. There's nothing like it. I mean, don't rush it - it comes quickly enough, believe me. When your son starts driving YOU places, let me tell you, it's startling.

    Wouldn't change a thing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I hope he had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete