Sunday, May 17, 2009

If only my bathroom smelled this good all the time

I have issues with air fresheners. In general they give me headaches and make me nauseous. I also have issues with the urine smell that tends to linger in our bathroom. They bathrooms smell good for a few hours after a thorough cleaning and then the urine stench slowly creeps back into play.
I win this battle for just a few weeks out of the year while my lilac bush is in bloom. It is one of my favorite smells. No headache, no nausea, no urine. Lilacs.


This makes my happy. I planted two more lilac bushes today. That made me happy too.

5 comments:

  1. How pretty! Talk to me about how you managed to have this wall vase. Also, my dad told me it was okay to caulk the toilet to the floor, which helps a bit because then pee can't get under the toilet where I can't clean it up... so I feel it is my mission to pass that tip along to everyone else I meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that "Piss and Lilacs" would've been a much catchier title for this piece. Feel free to steal it.

    Anyway, when choosing between the scent of air freshener and urine, try to find a nice blend. Say, gingerbread. That way is smells like Santa peed down your chimney or something.

    See, I CAN be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh oh!!!! I have a wall vase!

    I do not have a Lilac bush. But I want one. Nor is my toilet caulked around. But I want it caulked.

    Of course, Sam and Zoe still refuse to use the "Big" potty. I have visions of stuffing the little potty chair into Sam's backpack every morning before school in the Fall...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I need a wall vase too guys! Very pretty. Boys do sort of "miss" the potty, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to let you know that I've had to do some housekeeping on my blog as of late. I follow all of you in stealth mode now. I don't want them trailing me on the interweb. Yes, "Them" they are the bad guys and they're after me.

    Wooo! This wine has made me paranoid. And yeah, that fridge was like food heaven.

    ReplyDelete